In the morning, getting some food down your neck can be, at your best, a bit of a challenge. Not everyone is a big eater in the morning and instead prefers to turn to something more liquid. While coffee is an appetite suppressant, our bodies do need some energy and zest to run on.
As you no doubt know, starting the day well usually means that we end it in an equally positive manner. How we eat in the morning has a big bearing on how we perform. So if getting something down your neck before you go out the door is too hard in physical form, why not blitz it in a blender and enjoy that instead?
This is why, for anyone in this frame of mind, a breakfast shake can be just what you need to make a big difference. This is loaded with natural fats and sugars, giving us a kick in the day whether it’s for exercise or for work.
- 100mls of full fat milk
- 1 full banana
- 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- 150g of frozen forest fruits
- 50g of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of mixed seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey
Creating the Dish
- So, to make this dish stand out and taste the best that it can, you simply need to put all of the ingredients into your blender. Try and get the berries at the bottom if you can, and add in the other flavors on top slowly.
- Once it has all been packed, blend until it’s super smooth and offers no kind of gagging resistance through thickness. Pour it into a glass and take the rest of the day as it comes!