Turning to a more worldy view of food is, without a doubt, one of the best ways to make sure that you eat well. Staying to your national dishes and being too close-minded about foreign foods really shuts off our potential to encourage new tastes and experience fresh and fun flavors.
To help you understand that, we have created one brilliant dish to try out; Dhal Pies. These Indian-based dishes use sweet potatoes and red lentils to make something that is a treat.
- 650g of sweet potato, sliced into small and easily edible chunks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 halved and sliced carrots
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 85g of red lentils
- Chopper coriander
- 1 tablespoon of 0% fat Greek yogurt
Creating the Dish
- To start off with, you need to place that sweet potato in a large pan of boiling water. Allow it to cook for around 15 minutes, or until the potatoes reach a tender stage.
- Also, heat your oil in a pan and fry it with onions and carrot for around 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and ginger, cooking for 1 minute. Tip in your carry powder and 750ml of boiling water alongside the stock cube, tomato puree and also the lentils. Cover up the pan and boil for around 20 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and mash them with the yogurt and seasoning included.
- Now, spoon in the lentil mix into a single dish, and top it with the sweet potato mix. Scatter the coriander in for added flavor.
- Serve and deliciously enjoy!